Sunday, June 15, 2008

Wishes made....



Wishes made....

By blowing petals off a flower,
By blowing out all the candles,
Or perhaps a wish upon a falling star.
Wishes made in the bright spring light,
or in the lingering darkness of the night.

Wishes made in childhood.
Wishes made with love so bright.
Wishes made with hearts so frail.
Fade as I grow,
Into adulthood so fair.
I wish I may,
I wish I might,
Have this wish I wish tonight...
Wishes made....
Wither and die,
consumed this day,
as I begin to see.
Hopes and dreams once so bright,
hidden now,
behind....
stacks of bills and,
unkind words.
Until I no longer wish,
to hope or dream,
but shuffle daily through,
With eyes downcast,
And shoulders bent,
With a sigh I linger on.

One day,
I see,
The smile upon another's face,
A small child blows upon the petals of a flower,
Makes a wish,
And reminds me of a time,
When I did the same,
Lights a fire within,
To hope,
To dream,
To wish,
Once again.

K. Teale 6/10/2008



No comments: