Thursday, July 3, 2008

Purpose - what on earth am i here for?

A person's purpose is something most people struggle with their entire lives. What am I here for? Is a question asked by many day in and day out. Many people put on a façade, a mask to hide their inner turmoil. They struggle daily with the one question no one can answer for them and one in which the answer changes daily, hourly and even by the minute. I think the answer to the question of one's purpose in life is a very simple one but one many of us have a hard time understanding or even admitting to… we are here in this time and in this place doing what we are doing for one reason and one reason only …. To give glory to God… if you had asked me about my purpose 10 years ago… 5 years ago… a year ago or even yesterday or tomorrow… maybe even in the next hour my response would be different but for now… in this moment … at this time from where I am sitting I know that my purpose is to live daily for God and to do my best daily to help those He has placed in my life. I know I don't always fulfill the purpose God has given me in that minute but I am always striving to do what He has called me to do.

No comments: